There are many real estate agents in the world. However, not all of them are accredited member of the National Association of Realtors, which means not all agents are considered realtors.
What then is this person? What seems to be the advantage of hiring one compared to a regular real estate agent?
This is an organization or a group of real estate agents, who performs their duties in strict accordance to their Code of Ethics. This group was founded in 1908. By that time, there were only 120 members but not it has grown to over a million.
When you want to work with one, many experts or even veteran home buyers would agree realtors are the best people to work with. These people get the job done and accomplish their tasks with results that are up to standards. Their code of ethics outlines their duties to their clients and customers and they are legally bound to it as long as they practice this profession.
So if you want to work with a real estate agent, it is best that he or she is a certified member of this group. Where do you find them? Here are some tips:
1. You can check the National Association of Realtor’s website to find your state or local organization for real estate agents that is accredited by them. From there, you will be able to see the list of accredited people and you can see their personal profile and their contact numbers.
2. Your family and friends can also refer someone to youu. But once given a name, go to your local website and check if he or she is listed. Or perhaps, you can call up and verify the agent’s accreditation.
3. Visit open houses. From there you can converse with the realtor, find out more about their listings and ask for their information. You will know if this person is part of the organization when his or her calling card bears the REALTOR® logo. Or if you want to be more precise, you can still do the verification tips mentioned on the first and second items.
4. The Internet is the best way to search for them. It is in fact, the quicker option. You can simply use any search engine and you can have multiple results in no time.
5. Check out listings or advertisements for homes being sold. For sure, their names will reflect on the ad. Get their names and do background check.
Finding an agent of this caliber is easy to do. These people will always be proud to let others know that they are accredited to this group because they know the label could get the trust of the people. But just do not rely on the logo. Always verify it by calling or checking out the lists of agents on their website.
Whether buying or selling a home, work with a realtor. This is the way to handle real estate transactions if you want protect your best interest.